School Governors provide strategic leadership and accountability in schools. The Hope Learning Community Academy Trust holds ultimate responsibility for all decisions regarding the running of the individual academies. However, it delegates some of the decisions to Local Governing Boards to enable a more focused local control, though it remains legally responsible for standards across all academies within the Multi Academy Trust (MAT).
Market Field School Local Governing Body Details
(as of October 1st 2021):
- Chair of Governors
Michael Lucking (co-opted Governor) 13/12/18-05/12/22 - No relevant interests declared
- Joanne Barraclough (Appointed Governor) 6/12/18 - 5/12/22 - No relevant interests declared
- Donna Downes (Staff Governor) 27/11/18-26/11/22 - Staff member, No relevant interests declared
- Fran Driver (Parent Governor) 24/06/19-23/06/23 - Head of Quality and Governance at Essex Cares Ltd.
- Luke Frances (Staff Governor) 30/10/18-29/10/22 (Resignation date 31/08/21) - Staff member
- Sir Bob Russell (co-opted Governor) 30/10/18-31/10/22 - Trustee of the Haven Project, Trustee of Colchester Food Bank
- Sally Ann Hattingh (Staff Governor) 14/07/21-13/07/25 - Staff member, Daughter employed at Market Field School
- Ruth Whitehead - Head of School