Our traditionally prepared school meals provide your child with a healthy balanced lunch. All children in Reception and Years 1 and 2 are entitled to receive a free school meal.
Menus vary throughout the week, with special menus featured throughout the year to celebrate special events. The daily menu choices available include a vegetarian dish, a choice of salad, fresh fruit salad, 2/3 vegetables and bread each day.
The menu will be available on this page. School dinners cost £2.30 per day.
Payments for school dinners are made electronically via SchoolComms. Parents can top up their child(ren)’s accounts with whatever amount they wish – either for a week, month or other period of time or choose an amount to cover the dinners your child is expected to have.
Registers will be taken in class each day to check whether children are having school dinners or packed lunch. You will receive reminders when your balance is low and will need to top-up your payments.
Free school meals are available for children whose families are in receipt of certain benefits. To apply online, please visit the FSM Applications page. The online application process will check your eligibility and you will receive an instant result.
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
If your child is in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2, and you meet the criteria above for free school meals, please speak to the school office staff, as the school receives additional funding for all children who are registered as being eligible.
Packed lunches: For those children who prefer to bring a packed lunch, please provide your child with a sturdy box that is big enough to hold a drink container. The box should be clearly marked with your child’s name. Fizzy drinks and glass bottles are not allowed.