Travelling to Market Field
Travel by Minibus or Taxi
The majority of children travel to and from Market Field by minibus or taxi. Here are some handy tips for you;
- Transport is not provided directly by the school, the Local Authority choose a transport operator to run transport to and from each school.
- Your child will be on a designated route, with a driver and usually a passenger assistant (who while the driver drives, is responsible for the students on the vehicle), although some of the routes may just be with a driver.
- The transport provider will let you know what time you can expect your child to be collected in the morning and brought home in the afternoon.
- The transport provider will give you a contact number, please provide your transport provider with up to date numbers for you.
- If your child is unwell or unable to attend school for any reason, please let the transport provider know as soon as possible – as well as letting the school know.
- If your child has an appointment which means you will be bringing them in later or you are collecting them yourself, please let the transport provider know.
- Please be ready for the minibus a few minutes earlier than the time given when being picked up in the morning and be home earlier than the minibus in the afternoon.
- Please don’t give your child food to eat on the bus, they won’t be able to eat on the bus.
- You may provide a soft toy/books/a phone or console for your child to play with on the bus. Toys and books will need to be placed in their school bag when they get to school and phones will need to be handed in to their teacher.
- Please attach or put swimming kits, PE kits etc. in your child’s school bag, ensuring they are clearly labelled.
- For special occasions, you may send birthday cake or food in to school on the bus.
- Please place any money you need to send into school in a clearly marked envelope in your child’s bag.
- Please give any medication that your child needs to the passenger assistant, who will give it to a member of staff at school. Medication should be clearly labelled with your child’s name and dosage instructions.
Bringing your child to Market Field by car or on foot
When bringing your child to Market Field by car or on foot, here are some tips for you:
- Parent parking is provided as you enter the school gates to the right. These spaces are limited and are first come, first served. If they are full there is a public car park approximately 5 minutes away. Please do not park in the community centre or Budgens car park unless you are using their facilities, we need to keep good relationships with our community neighbours.
- Please wait with your child near the student entrance until the doors open. The doors open at 8:55. If your child still needs support to get in to class, you will be able to take them in. Our expectation is that all our senior children in the Learning to Know classes will be able to get to class independently from the entrance door.
- If you are bringing your child in late or are collecting them early, please collect them from main reception – you will need to sign them in or out.
- Please be mindful of other moving vehicles in the car park, particularly if you are bringing younger children with you to drop off or pick up your child.