Enhanced Autism Base Classes
The Autism bases at Market Field School are specialist classes for children who need a more specialist and highly staffed environment. Base classes follow a highly specialised curriculum designed to support these pupils.
The autism bases at Market Field School are an additional specialist provision designed to meet the learning needs of pupils whose autism diagnosis has a ‘more profound impact’ on their needs. The profile of these pupils means they often fit one or more of the following descriptors:
- Pre verbal
- Low levels of danger awareness
- Difficulty with simple life skills/tasks
- Developmentally delayed to a higher degree than other MFS pupils in academic work
- Exhibit challenging behaviour linked to autism
- Inability to engage in group learning
We will be adding lots of information to these pages over the next few months about our Autism Base Classes.