Our Values and Ethos
At Market Field School we aim to enable all our pupils to feel safe, secure and valued. We will support them to reach their full potential and in making a positive contribution to the world around them.
Our pupils are at the centre of everything we do, every decision we make and by them, we are guided in how we future steer the school.
In general we aim to:
- Promote equality of opportunity for every member of the school community regardless of gender, race or disability.
- Develop strong home/school partnerships
- Promote a positive and caring environment in which all staff and students feel valued and their successes and achievements are recognised and appreciated
- Provide appropriate guidance and support to achieve each student's potential with the aim to instill employability skills and learning for life
- To enable every individual to be the best version of themselves they possibly can be
- Support students to enjoy fulfilling and rewarding lives
Educationally we aim to:
- Assess each student's needs and develop appropriate teaching programmes to meet those needs
- Offer all students a broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum on one of the school's pathways: Learning to Know, Learning to Live, Learning to Do and Learning to Live Together
- Promote and develop good study habits and attitudes and, where appropriate, to involve the students in the planning and recording of their own work
Socially and morally we aim to:
- Provide our students with a school family in which to grow and develop
- Emphasise the need to respect and understand others
- Establish clear moral standards where students consider what is right and wrong and own their own behaviour
- Provide a range of opportunities for individuals to develop areas of interest through leisure activities
- Gain skills, knowledge and attitudes relevant to the world in which we live
- Prepare our students for adulthood.
At Market Field we believe:
Are Important Values.